The Empty Chair (Poem)

The Empty Chair Realized, I did when I listened to the wind blow. Found my reason, when the rain fell. I looked toward the road ahead; I gazed above to the sun piercing the clouds When I sat down in the many places I spent time within I noticed there was always something constant, I smiled, in acceptance of this It was not a feeling of sadness or regret, It was more a feeling of happiness in understanding Knowing my glass is not full, just as it is not depleted. I was perfectly content with the condition and the conversation. I enjoyed my food, continued my walk and moved forward. Each moment, each step felt a step closer to that next moment unknown. Continuing to arrive at each destination I took my seat. As I felt that even though each time the empty chair was always beside me. My life and love, filled with my memories of great times always filled my presence. And I was never alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening a Bakery Requires Alot of Work

Bleed Tears (Lyrics)

I Been Waiting For A Minute (Poem)